Beloveds, we have landed in 2018. Let’s make it the BEST year possible!
Have you started to follow through on any of your new year’s resolutions? Here are my tips on creating habits to ensure you make the most of your goals.
1. Keep it Simple
Choose one small thing that you can commit to do daily. Repeat it each day and it will make a BIG change. Mine is a morning walk for fifteen minutes (phone free). A must for the eyelash artist, as walking promotes healthy hips and posture. Did you know that a new habit only takes forty days of repetition to become part of your lifestyle? That’s a wink 😉
2. Develop a Morning Ritual
Your brain is like a computer. The first 5 minutes of being awake determines the ‘app’ you will run for the remainder of the day! If you set yourself a positive morning ritual (and stick to it) then you will significantly increase your odds at resolution success.
3. Make Time for Meditation
Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
Stillness is a muscle that becomes stronger when used daily. Meditation can be many things and as simple as sitting up straight, taking a deep breath and feeling thankful for another day in your body.
4. Download Your Thoughts
With this easy 30 minute exercise, you will feel on track to tackle anything you set your mind to. Practice this exercise every 30 days and you will achieve a quieter mind and be more productive.
- Set aside 20 minutes without interruption. Sit down with a timer, paper and a writing utensil.
- Make a list of everything you need to accomplish. Include everything that comes to you; projects, goals, tasks, correspondence… allow everything to flow out of your head and onto the paper.
- Imagine walking through your salon/beauty station/office/home and then write down anything else that comes to mind.
- If you think you are done but have time left, sit in the silence breathing, something good might bubble up.. 🙂
When you have another 10 minutes sit down with your paper, read through your thoughts and organise as follows:
- Break down larger projects into task lists.
- Add each task to your calendar in the weeks/ months to come.
So, how will you change your life in 2018?
Wishing you prosperity & joy always,