I think we can all agree that inner beauty is one of the most important attributes in a person. Exuding traits that lie beyond the physical is very attractive. But, investing in beauty can also help us own our femininity, and take pride in the outside appearance as well. A little yin with your yang can set you apart! Let’s see if YOU should take the plunge, and invest in your beauty with these tell-tale signs…
- Do you find yourself buying or reaching for Time magazine, but covertly grabbing Allure to hide underneath and read?
- Do you find yourself Insta-stalking a YouTube influencer to see what the newest products are and what feedback they give?
- Do you subscribe to services like Ipsy or Birchbox to get samples of beauty products delivered monthly… only to have NO idea how to use them?
- Does your bestie spark up conversation about how a little contour and highlight can go a long way, but you think she is speaking about someone’s exposed body part? 😉
- Do you browse Sephora in sunglasses and a hat trying on products here and there, but never feeling satisfied with the outcome? You may need a bit more help and direction!
Ok, these examples may be a little far fetched and lighthearted! But, they’re making a point…
Beauty from the inside out is all about transformation. You should feel GOOD about what you are gifting yourself and presenting to the world. These funny and superficial indicators are intended to be lighthearted, and by no means meant to be taken too seriously. It’s ok to want to shine on the outside too, and invest in beauty finds and ideals.
Being bold is a choice and speaks of your inner strength. Becoming knowledgeable, and practicing and investing in beauty, is a gift to yourself – just like a yoga or computer class. All of these experiences exist in the realm of self help, and not self helplessness.
Investing in beauty doesn’t make you less of a person. In my opinion, it makes you more powerful as a human. As I said… a little bit of yin with your yang goes a long way! Just ask any GladGirl or GladGuy!